AmigaActive (1638/2143)

From:Bill Eaves
Date:24 May 2000 at 22:19:49
Subject:Re: Alive and Elite3

Hello Clyde

> Erm, I am a bit confused by Alive Mediasoft claiming to be porting Elite3.

They claim a lot. Apparently they sell Digital Almanac 3. Odd as that is a
PPC version in beta only. Version 2 is the only one available at the
moment.

They also claim to provide software. They cash your money but seem very
slow, six months or more, in actually providing any if ever.

> And, are they just going to bung their Amiga conversion in an original PC
> version's box (like Doom)? Or just sell the disk?

Their version of Descent was a CDR copy (looks like a pirate to me), not
even with a PC version box, plus the Amiga executable on a floppy disk with
read errors so I had to download that part from Aminet.

> Basically, are Alive full of bollocks or not?

That would be a place I think Steven Flowers deserves a good kick !

Regards,

Bill.

PS. The list may be amused/shocked by the email I got from SF after writing
complaining about goods not arriving after six months.

> Just read your letter it's very funny. I have took you of the Pulse
mailing
> list and ordered you a copy of Wipeout 2097 you will get it very soon.

Guess what, still no goods. It is amazing that Alive find that providing a
really appalling service is funny :(

Remember the good 'ol days